The Invisalign Article of Your Dreams!
For some reason, traditional wire braces always seem to conjure up images of young teens in head gear! If you want to get the smile of your dreams but can't imagine yourself sporting wire braces, Invisalign has come to the rescue. Depending on your dental needs, Invisalign offers a comfortable and convenient way to perfectly align your teeth.
Why Say Yes to Invisalign?
With so many new advances in dentistry, you have your choice of options for straightening your teeth but none of them are quite as easy and comfortable as Invisalign aligners. It doesn't matter if your smile is 12 years old or 50, with Invisalign you can get a straight smile without the hassle and pain that comes with wire braces.
Crowded or widely spaced teeth can cause your gums to become painful and swollen and may eventually lead to periodontal disease. Even if you brush and floss regularly, you're probably fighting an uphill battle if your smile is crooked. While everyone wants to enjoy a bright and straight smile, properly aligned teeth are actually better for your overall health. In fact, the American Dental Association says that oral infections caused by poor dental health can lead to serious health issues like heart disease, diabetes, pneumonia or stroke.
Feel the Difference: Braces vs. Invisalign
Traditional Wire Braces:
- All patients must brackets and wires to straighten their smiles.
- These wires can cause irritation and poke your mouth.
- Many of your favorite foods must be avoided.
- Brushing and flossing take lots of extra effort, and who has time for that?
- No funky hardware. Clear aligners are almost invisible to the naked eye!
- Aligner trays are smooth and comfortable.
- No food restrictions!
- Each aligner tray is easily removable to make brushing and flossing less annoying.
If you're looking for a comfortable and (almost) invisible option for improving your smile, Invisalign can't be beat. To improve your dental health and see if Invisalign is the right option for you, contact Dr. Kavanaugh today and start your journey towards a straighter smile!